Thursday, February 12, 2009

Valentine Freebie #2 - Flower Pot

And here you have it - spring in an upturned flowerpot!


It's a bit like a fez too, isn't it. You could make it long enough to have a dent and give you more height if you wanted to go for Henry's look:


What I love about this hat is the top. Biscotte & Cie's colours are even more rich in the tight texture of rice stitch gone circular.

Happy Valentine's Day! And now I'll get back to my knitting.


Update: another view of the hat, from Louise at Biscotte & Cie. I think the ladybug buttons make it, don't you?


Another update - Biscotte's web shop features the hat (and necessary yarn) here (post-doll-knitting) and it's so beautiful! Makes me want to make one even though I already did :^)


View .pdf of Flower Pot Hat.

View .pdf of Flower Pot Hat - French translation (thanks, Louise!)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOD !!! This hat is gorgeous !!!!!!!!

Mary Keenan said...

I'm so glad you like it!

Kathleen Taylor said...

love them both!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful !! Biscotte's yarns are amazing and your pattern very lovely !

Midnight_girl said...

Hi I want to make your hat but just wondering what ply your yarn is?

Mary Keenan said...

Midnight_girl, I'm pretty sure the ply was 3, but the weight is pretty close to Aran. The yarn I used is discontinued now but if you can get gauge with a nice squishy yarn (mine was an especially elastic wool) you'll be fine.