Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Measuring up

Two things for Tuesday:


This is my little Lantern Moon sheepy friend, aka the tape measure I keep on my desk (not to be confused with the tape measure in my tool bag, the tape measure in my stash cupboard, or the tape measure that got lost under the sofa cushions or worse.)

You press his tummy to release the tape, but which end do you think the tape actually comes out of?

I always guess 'head'.  I've had this sheep for at least three years and I still guess 'head'.

(it's 'tail'.  which speaks to the sewing skill of the good people at Lantern Moon.)


This is my sock sweater.  I know it looks like it would fit a 12 year old if I join the yoke now, but when I swatched the yarn really did stretch out a lot so in theory these pieces are all the exact right length for joining.

Yeah, I don't believe it either.

But if I second-guess myself and knit the pieces longer, I might end up in a dress with Neanderthal arms so... I had a bright idea.

I will thread the stitches onto yarn holders and block the pieces to see how much they grow! brilliant, yes?  but it'll have to wait, because all my sweater drying space is taken up with another project called Preparing For Summer (moth avoidance edition.)


Have a great day!

No comments: