Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Presenting: almost-perfect socks

You'll be thrilled to know I'm sure, after I accidentally knit Ady's socks, that the other pair of socks I finished on the weekend do fit me.  Admittedly I went to the other end of the scale and they are a little smaller than I intended, but that only turns out to mean they won't sag - the stitches look a bit stretched without feeling that way. 

I'm still tinkering with the math on my base sock pattern and I've revised the version for light sock weight to have more stitches after seeing how these came out. In every other respect: they are fabulous.


As anticipated, they match my purple purse and my green cardi so I can be all coordinated while sort of dressing up, event though the matchy green hardly seems to show up in these pictures.

And what are the odds?

The stripes match perfectly.

I'm also pleased with the details of this pattern, especially the gusset.  I'm changing the toe increase technique for the next pair, but I still like the way this version looks.

The resident Potential Piano Purchase budget dictates that I should not buy more sock yarn till I knit down the current stash, so I must say I'm very glad to have a few more skeins of Biscotte et Cie's Felix in there (scroll down at the link for current stock).  It's just really nice to work with and whoa, really nice to wear.

2 comments:

Kathleen Taylor said...

Love the socks! And aren't accidental stripes wonderful?

Karen said...

"Almost" perfect? I don't get that--these look pretty darn excellent to me!