Thursday, June 3, 2010

Present number one

The first of my three Got My Driving License! presents arrived yesterday:


I know, I know. Who wants to knit a counterpane in this day and age?


One might better ask, who wants a stitch dictionary with ideas extracted from years and years' worth of 19th century magazines?


Answer: me.

But the pictures in this book are also giving me all kinds of great ideas about construction and the portability potential of knitting a zillion satisfyingly challenging but fast-to-finish squares to be sewn together at some later date.


Sorta makes me think I want to knit a counterpane.

2 comments:

Minding My Own Stitches said...

Oh, wow! I'd like to knit Counterpanes!

Nancy said...

I've had this book so long the pages are no longer hooked together, the counterpanes make great scarves - one set for each end and then as many as you want for the middle. I could'nt imagine trying to knit a king sized bedspread