Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Socks versus hats

Monday, I finished a pair of socks I started in July.

Tuesday, I took a nap, jotted down some notes for a hat I've been thinking might work, and knit said hat. While dreaming up a design for another especially awesome one.

(not that I'm drawing very many conclusions here about where my strengths lie.)

Today, I wait for the first hat to dry, and if in the end it looks like a hat and not like a giant sock for somebody's head, there will be a bonus entry to the 2009 Holiday Freebie Knits Collection here at Hugs.

I'll just be over here eating chocolate croissants while the water evaporates, 'kay?

2 comments:

Kathleen Taylor said...

you say *giant sock for somebody's head* like it's a bad thing... heh...

Mary Keenan said...

Haven't you ever tried on a Christmas stocking and tried to find a decorative position for the heel? ;^)